During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Owners, Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Business Owners, and Business Analysts;
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, and members of the LACE;
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles;
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles;
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories;
- Manage Program and Team backlogs;
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work;
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning;
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value.
- Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise;
- Preparing forPI Planning;
- Leading PI Planning;
- Executing Iterations;
- Executing the Program Increment;
- Becoming a Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However,
the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course;
- Experience working in a SAFe environment;
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications.
What you get
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook;
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform;
- Course certificate of completion.
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $295.