Tue, Thu 18:00-21:00, Sat 10:00-13:00
Even in the field of technology, the ability to adjust processes and interact with people is of great importance. This is one of the key skills of any manager. And it is very important to understand how to combine these skills so that they lead to the successful completion of any of your projects.
This course will consider the main stages of project management, from its launch to completion, will analyze the main cases in team management and identify common and different characteristics in the main methodologies of project management.
- Basics. Approaches to project management.
- The role of the project manager, interaction with teams.
- Project launch. Collection of requirements.
- Defining project deadlines. Project schedule. Evaluation of tasks.
- Risks of project management.
- Project monitoring. Knowledge base.
- Closing the project.
- Work with a team
– hiring, growth, motivation, dismissal
-performance review (KPI, OKR)
- Work with a team
– Sharing Knowledge
- Work with the top management of the company, the customer
– implementation of changes
- Conflict management
– constructive confrontation
– conflict resolution.
Project Management Methodologies
- Time management (for the manager and for the team). Improving team performance.
- Agile. Basic methodologies, their differences and bases of use. Scrum and its artefacts.
- Continuation of the Scrum theme. Project evaluation, team control and retrospective.
- Kanban, Lean, Less, SAFe.
Summing up. Tests for a level of knowledge.
- writing the right documentation for the customer and the team
- setting tasks for the team
- evaluation of tasks and projects
- choice of methodology
- ability to manage the team
- ability to resolve conflicts
- negotiating with colleagues, customers, and management
- if you want to become a Project Manager and are trying to understand the basics of management;
- if you want to manage people, but do not understand how to properly build all their work;
- if you already manage projects but have some difficulty interacting with people.